Thursday, December 20, 2012

Juleferie day 1 (Christmas holiday)

I am SO blessed, I get to holiday in a Winter Wonderland. Today, I started my day with coffee and a great friend looking at the view you see in the photos. Then came a knock on the door and two cute kids (Hanne's niece and nephew) were asking us to come out and play. So out we went ready to sled down the hill by the house. I currently hold the record for the longest run, although Daniel came close to knocking me out of that position.

What a wonderful beginning to a lovely holiday time. Oh, an extra blessing of being here - I get to practice speaking Norwegian! Although the Trøndersk dialect is very difficult to understand (I cannot tell you how many dialects Norway has, but with each dialect they actually say different words, it is not just a different pronouncing of the same word. To say the least, I have to ask what the kids say often, the adults have mercy on me and speak Bokmål. Bokmål is the Oslo dialect and what they speak on tv new channels and is the dialect I am learning.)

Wherever this finds you today, I pray blessings upon you.
Jae





2 comments:

  1. Nice you have had a great time in Levanger :) Trøndesk er kult ;) God juleferie og jul, Jae!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk. (men Trøndesk er vanskelig). God jul til deg!

      Delete