Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It is safe to cycle again!




The snow has melted and the ice is finally gone - it is Spring! And I am extremely glad.  I have officially had 4 beautiful bicycle rides all over Skien.  Today was one of my favorite rides, despite the wind and also the hill I went down only to go back up again because it was a dead end. I set of with a friend (Erine) and we had a fun start until her bike chain broke in half.  Luckily, we were near a friends house and could borrow his bike so that we could continue on.  It was a great day!

I think Spring brings out life, not only the obvious life like flowers in bloom, but something inside of me comes more alive when the sun comes out. I want to experience life, be out and about; go on adventures. Yes, the rain will come during spring too (in fact, it already has come), but that only increases my joy for beautiful sunny days. In every joke there often is a little truth and the joke here in Norway is "enjoy the sun for the month that it is out". Of course, it does shine more than 30 days a year here, but often it feels it is true after the long winter and between the rain. Nonetheless, I am going to soak in every drop of vitamin D from the sun that I can, I so very much appreciate it.
Happy Spring to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment