Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Beginning

I thought it would be nice to share a bit more with you on a more about my journey here in Norway.  I think I will let the pictures do the talking more this time.

I had a little over a week to get adjusted before all the bustle of YWAM began (details about that to come in other posts). I had the opportunity to go downtown to Oslo where the bombing had occurred and walk around with a friend who actually had been in the city, in the area when the bomb went off.  She was going to see the city after the chaos, I was going to see it for the first time:


Here I am.  Notice the tank, it was a beautiful summer day here in Norway and I was enjoying the stroll in the sunny weather. Sadly, the pictures below are not as cheery as the weather was.



This is the building where the car bomb was parked next to when the bomb went off.  The building was closed off, but you can see that people have brought flowers to honor the lives of those who were lost.


Here is a store that still hasn't gotten their glass replaced and again you see flowers placed by people who want to honor those lost.


A window shattered.  It was interesting to see what buildings were affected and which were not.  This was near the cafe where my friend was sitting when the bomb went off. Other windows were boarded up.



We went into the church that had the memorial for all those who died that day, for those who died in the bombing in Oslo and the shooting on the island. There was a place where kids had put up drawings they had made.  This one reads: "If one man can show so much hate, think how much love we can show together".  This nation is unique, it does have a trusting heart.  You don't feel afraid here or worry that your things will get stolen.  There is a country home feel, it's the only way I know how to describe it.  It's beautiful and rich. 

I'm grateful to be here, to see what God has in store for this time and to learn to love the Norwegians like He does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment